Brian D. Stanchak
Founder & President
Brian D. Stanchak’s 15 years of combined experience as a collegiate Director of Athletics and NCAA Division I basketball coach provides our clients with a unique, firsthand insight that no other agent in the industry possesses. Throughout his career, Brian has built a tremendous national reputation amongst coaches, athletic administrators, and senior leadership at all collegiate levels.
Prior to founding The BDS Agency, Brian spent four years as the Director of Athletics at Penn State University, Wilkes-Barre and 10 years as an Assistant Basketball Coach at the Division I level. During his coaching career, Brian coached at Seton Hall University, Fairleigh Dickinson University, and the University of Pennsylvania, including three month’s as FDU’s Interim Head Women’s Basketball Coach before departing for Seton Hall.
Brian has taught sport management classes at Misericordia University and been a featured speaker at numerous events, including the Alliance of Women Coaches Leadership Forum (Hartford, CT) and Emerging AD (Morrow, GA). He is also the only agent to have been invited to the Women’s Sports Foundation Sports Advocacy Network Meetings (New York, NY), participating in each meeting since its formation in 2016. Brian is also the Founder and Director of the Head Coach Training Center®, an annual conference that features collegiate head coaches and athletic administrators who teach basketball coaches strategies to obtain a first-time or new collegiate Head Coach position and be successful in that role.
Brian earned a master’s degree in sport management studies, intercollegiate athletic administration from California University of Pennsylvania in 2013. He graduated from Seton Hall University in 2004 with a bachelor’s degree in business administration, sport management. Brian also earned a Verified Certificate in Contracts from HarvardX University, Executive Certificate in Negotiation Essentials from the University of Notre Dame, and Executive Certificate in Excellence in Management from Penn State University. He has also been recognized as one of 20 Under 40 business professionals in Northeast PA (2018, Northeast Pennsylvania Business Journal) and Top 20 Under 40 professionals in Northeast PA (2017, Times Leader). Brian resides in Mountain Top, PA with his wife, Kristen, and their son, Mason, and daughter, Harper.
- Northeast Pennsylvania Business Journal – Top 20 Under 40 in Northeast PA (12/18)
- Times Leader – Featured Innovator in Northeast PA (4/18)
- Times Leader – 20 Under 40 in Northeast PA (2/17)
- Director of Athletics & Recreation, Pennsylvania State University-Wilkes-Barre (2011 – 2015)
- Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach, Seton Hall University (2007 – 2010)
- Interim Head Women’s Basketball Coach, Fairleigh Dickinson University (2007)
- Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach/Recruiting Coordinator, Fairleigh Dickinson University (2005 – 2007)
- Coordinator of Men’s & Women’s Basketball Operations, University of Pennsylvania (2004 – 2005)
- Men’s Basketball Student-Assistant/Video Coordinator, Seton Hall University (2000 – 2004)
Recent Interviews and Features:
- A Day in the Life with The BDS Agency’s Brian Stanchak (SportsBusiness Daily – 12/12/18)
- Brian Stanchak, Top 20 Under 40 (Northeast Pennsylvania Business Journal – 12/5/18)
- Unusual Path Leads to Right Spot – page 4 (Times Leader – 4/29/18)
- Seton Hall Alum Founds Nation’s Leading Women’s Basketball Agency (The Setonian – 10/18/17)
- Brian Stanchak: Founder of The BDS Agency & Head Coach Training Center (TheCoachingAssist.com – 10/9/17)
- Episode 002: College Basketball Coaching Agent (Success is a Choice Podcast – 10/4/17)
- BTW 004: Helping Women’s Basketball Coaches Thrive in Their Careers with Brian Stanchak (Beyond the Whistle Podcast – 3/17/17)
- Brian Stanchak: Helping Coaches Off the Bench (Times Leader – 2/22/17)
- One Year Later: Brian D. Stanchak and his Impact on a Profession (FrontOfficeSports.org – 2/17/17)
- Head Coach Hiring Trends in Division I Women’s Basketball (HeadCoachTC.com – 8/18/18)
- Head Coach Hiring Trends in Division I Women’s Basketball (HeadCoachTC.com – 1/28/18)
- Wyoming Valley Montessori School Board of Trustees, Board Member (05/18 – Present)
- Greater Wilkes-Barre Chamber of Commerce Young Professional Council, Board Member (11/16 – Present)